I occasionally would throw pennies in there for him to stumble upon and we would call it treasure. I break up the dirt to make his digging easier and it is quite fun. When Luke gets bored...I would just say..."go work on you hole to China". He would eagerly run out the door to get to work.
This past weekend, Grandmommie and Granddaddy came to visit. Grandmommie spent a long time outside with Luke building the sand castle you see here. If there is a bucket and shovel in sight, you are always count on Grandmommie to get down in the trenches with you. To Luke, Grandmommie is WAY more fun than any 3 year old he knows.
Luke's friend Nolan was over for lunch last Monday. I watched Luke and Nolan have this conversation over lunch.....
N: Hey Luke, we can go outside and play after we eat
L: (so excited) yeah, yes we can
N: Well, what do you have? Do you have a playground?
L: Ummm...no.
N: Do you have a trampoline?
L: (quiet..thinking about how he must have gotten ripped off) ....no
(I chime in with "we use our imagination...we are getting a fence first...we have a soccer ball)
Luke is quiet for a bit...thinking about what he does have.....
I am anxious spinning ideas through my head to help bail the kid out....
L: (with an innocent stutter) www...wee.e.. have a hole.
I just laughed and laughed. I love my dirt covered boy!

1 comment:
HILARIOUS!! And so sweet!!....and pitiful :(
Post a Comment