Monday, August 18, 2008

One passionate mall wish

                                                          Maybe the next Bobby Fley


                                                                        SO CUTE!


                                             Even his wedgey was wishing really hard......

                                                      Everybody quiet! He is wishing.....



So I know I take my kids out pretty frequently. Luke will regularly ask if we can go to the mall, Fresh Market, park, Target, Grandma's, Pump it Up, Beach, anywhere fun!?? 

Today we went to the mall with our sweet cousin Brooke. We proceeded on our usual route. One stop being Potterybarn Kids to check out any sales. Luke ALWAYS has to play with the kitchen and crane in the back of the store. Ella and I decided to take a photo op on our favorite big girl bedding. I will be keeping my sale eye on this. 

After our usual rounds, Luke spotted the large wishing fountain. Brooke decided it was time for his first "wish". She gave him a busted penny and we explained the rules of wishing. I told him he could wish for anything. Knowing it would be something simple like a cookie from the Fresh Market. 

Luke proceeded to wish for about 7 minutes...and you know how I don't like to exaggerate time. He was so focused and was really thinking hard with a squished face. Was he wishing for world peace, the salvation of someone in Uganda, the Obama would not win, a farm, a big yard to run in, what could it be???? But, according to rule #574 of wishing....I cannot require him to tell me what this extremely long wish or wishes was. He did muster something about a tv (which he was probably wishing for his dad) and something else that was silly...but I don't remember. The point is that Luke covered it all. We are set for life now. No worries. 

1 comment:

Sara said...

I know, I love that bedding. I want to get Sadie one of those cute owls but they are like $26. Too much for a stuffed animal.