Greg and I are transfering all of our old pics from the PC to the Mac. It is a long process because we have so many of Luke's early years. We had a terrible camera so many are not what one would consider "frame worthy" but they are full of so many memories. I honestly sat here and boo hoo'd my eye's out just watching them quickly upload. Time just goes by so quickly.
As I was looking through some of these pic I found this one of the day I told Luke we were having a new baby sister/brother. I wrapped him up a baby doll and wrote him a letter about how important and awesome his new adventure would be to be a big brother. He opened it and cared more about the paper. He was only two so he really had no understanding of what all was about to transpire.
Luke randomly mentions the day that Ella came home from the hospital. He really thinks we just went there and picked her up. He understands that he was once a baby and now he is "getting bigger" and is not a baby anymore. He is our "big boy". Tonight, at the table, Luke asked daddy...."do you remember going to the hospital and getting the baby?". I had to remind Greg that he was remembering when Ella came home to live with us. Luke takes it one step further this time and asks...."were did Ella come from"..."who made Ella". I laughed because it sounded like it could be a birds and bees question. I just told him that God made Ella and God made him, mommy, daddy, and everyone.
The kids have really began to bond on a deeper level these days. Luke always talks about how he loves Ella...his sister. He always tries to feed her and make her laugh. I really think that family identity is starting to set in for him. He feels like he has some ownership of Ella. When I think about how much Luke's life changed in one year, I pray that his love for Ella grows and grows and he truly sees her a blessing in his life.

2 comments:
I miss Luke and Ella! I love all the cute things he says. It just reminds you of how innocent children really are! When I look at that pic of Luke it is sooo crazy how much he changed in a little over a year!!!
Post a Comment