Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The "natural way" to bathe baby........sure.


Providing a safe and secure environment, similar to that inside a mother's womb. 
Recommended by physicians and midwives as one of the best ways to bathe your newborn baby. Age: 0-6 months.



So I was reading Wondertime this morning and saw THIS! Prince Lionheart, maker of the bebePOD, has done it again. 


I have not used this but it made me laugh while I ate my shredded wheat. I love when they throw the word "natural" on a product. This baby doesn't look like he feels "natural". The only thing natural about this is the plastic...no ...wait...nothing is. There is a reason why babies leave the womb before they are 15 lbs. like this baby. How do you even wash him/her cramped in there like a sausage? And doesn't the water cool quickly...it this really the "warm" way as advertised? This will be filed under "waste of money" for me. I wasn't born yesterday Prince Lionheart....

4 comments:

Jessica said...

I too have seen the wash pod and scoffed. I mean there are plenty of water holding devices built into my house... bathroom sink, kitchen sink, bathtub, toilet! I think the baby manufacturers have teamed up with wedding planners and hope to cash in on women.

Stephen, Erin and the Shrimp Sandwich said...

hey, i have three of these! i bought them the same day i purchased a set of sham-wow's, mr. popeil's "set it and forget it" rotisserie oven and a gift set of those beautiful water globes for those easy to forget about house plants.

Sara said...

lol!

Jillian aka mommy said...

So how the heck would you be able to put a newborn in one who can't hold there neck up yet? A good old bathtub with mom works just fine for us! Just another reason why people think having a baby costs so much, I guess it would if you bought all the latest and greatest!